I missed a week of blogging due to holidays and the flu but I’m back now to writing a blog a week every week! My new years resolution for 2015 is to find my hedgehog! What?! Here it is: http://agilelifestyle.net/the-personal-hedgehog-concept. The hedgehog concept is finding what your meant to be doing based on three criteria: passion, marketability and skills. Where the three intersect is your hedgehog. It’s a matter of answering three questions: What are you deeply passionate about? What drives your economic engine? What can you be the best in the world at?
Every year my resolution is just to make more money and go on vacation but it seems even when I think I’ve gained a solid job it doesn’t last. About three weeks before Christmas I was told my position was being eliminated due to a lack of sales. This was a job I wasn’t passionate about, but I still really liked it for many different reasons. Now more then ever I just want to find something I can be deeply passionate about, be skilled at, and make money doing.
Many positive things have happened this year but this year has also been met with disappointments. This year I gained a job after 8 months of being unemployed and this year I lost my job. This year I managed to cry on my Birthday and on New Years Day. Two days that are meant to be exciting brought tears of sadness and anger. These tears were shed due to my lost job and lost income. This year can’t be the same! I can’t let history repeat it’s self. This year I’m going to find my hedgehog. But, I need to believe in myself more then ever.
Despite my job loss, here’s my list of positives for 2014:
– I learned what it meant to be highly sensitive and that there’s nothing wrong with the way I am.
– I gained lots of new skills that I was able to add to my resume.
– I started this blog and gained many followers and read many interesting blog posts.
– I started talking again to my long lost best friend from elementary school.
– I became better friends with other people I’ve known for awhile.
– I adopted a cute little kitten who brings me lots of joy and happiness.
– I found a church that I actually like and want to attend every week.
– Learned how to paddle board and became good at it in no time
– I found a book that will help bring out my creativity throughout my life.
– I started logging all my creative thoughts and ideas.
– I started purchasing books to read on a regular basis that help me to learn and grow.
– Had some parties, shared many laughs, and did many fun activities with my husband and friends
– I gained a new perspective on the world and the person I want to be in it.
This is my list to remind myself that I’m not moving backward in my life, I’m not stuck in one place. I’m forever growing, learning, gaining new experiences, strengthening relationships and finding happiness where I can.