Words can inspire and words can change your way of thinking about your life and the world around you. I’ve created a list of 25 inspirational quotes about happiness, dreams, life and embracing who you are.
These are all quotes I believe in and some that have even inspired me to change my way of thinking about things. For most of my life I’ve struggled with self-esteem issues and reading inspiring articles and quotes was one of the things that helped me change my way of thinking. The 3rd quote about loving and accepting yourself and how it makes everything in life work is something that took me years and years to figure out. It’s something I’m continuously working on, but only recently realized how truly powerful it can be.
The 2nd quote: “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself,” I found several years ago and it made me think about the type of person I wanted to be. It is a reminder that I have the power to create the ideal version of myself. It’s sort of a quote I’ve lived by along with my first quote about happiness. I created my blog title “Creating Your Life Journey” with this quote in the back of my mind.
- Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections. – Unknown
- LIFE ISN’T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF. LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF. – Unknown
- I find that when we really love and accept and approve of ourselves exactly as we are, then everything in life works. – Louise Hay
- How you feel has nothing to do with what is happening in your life. It’s merely your interpretation of what’s going on. – Unknown
- Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. – George Addair
- Confidence is the key. If you don’t believe in yourself, then nobody will. – Unknown
- It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead. – Nelson Mandela
- Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless. – Jamie Paolinetti
- If you don’t build your dream, someone will hire you to help build theirs. – Tony Gaskins
- What you expect to happen, happens. Life responds to your outlook. – Unknown
- Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be. – Abraham Lincoln
- Your time is limited so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
- My dad has always been really helpful. He taught me that talent is a bonus, but persistence is what wins out. – Zosia Mamet
- Everybody has a creative potential & from the moment you can express this creative potential, you can start changing the world. – Paulo Coelho
- Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. – Epicurus
- The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.
- Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. – Jim Rohn
- Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. – Charles Swindoll
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. – Mae Jemison
- Change your thoughts and you change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale
- Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. – Benjamin Franklin
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do. – Steve Jobs
- Surround yourself with people who only bring you positive energy and you shall have a positive life. –Unknown
- At some point you just have to let go and move on because no matter how painful it is, it’s the only way we grow. – Unknown
What inspires you? Have you run across a quote that completely changed your way of thinking about some aspect of life? Please share.